"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The boss says I speak Mandarin with an accent. In fact, people always laugh when I speak Mandarin. I should be ashamed of myself right? Nah, I don't really care :) But what's really strange is that when I attempt to speak Hakka, people think I'm speaking Japanese. But that's probably because I'm not Hakka. But I'm not Japanese either.

Am I not making sense? Yeah, I don't think I'm making sense. I've had a long day. Came back at 11.30pm after an after-work meeting with the media core group. I'm tired. But I'm glad for busy days. I love being busy for an entire week, then resting on the weekends. Much better than being busy on alternate days cos that makes the week drag on. I like momentum. I like my days packed. Jayne says I'm a workaholic. I beg to differ.

Has anyone noticed how the major cafes are all serving mandarin orange cheesecakes? I know for a fact that both Coffee Bean and Spinelli's have it. I haven't checked out Starbucks yet. They're yummy but the idea is so overdone. They should do something else. Rooster pies or something. No, I'm kidding. Argh. I need to sleep. I'm spouting nonsense. Or as Mandarin-speaking people like to say, telling "cold jokes". What the heck is a cold joke anyway??? Why do my Mandarin-speaking friends all use that term??? It gives me goosebumps when people translate languages literally. I do that sometimes, but it's just to make people laugh. I'm not that bad in Chinese really. I just pretend I am so that people have something to laugh about. I actually understand what you guys are saying and my literal English translations are really just "cold jokes". Betcha I had you all fooled :) I got an A for Chinese in PSLE ok... don't belittle me, I'm quite Ching Chong too... especially after my last romantic liason. Hahaha... Ok, I really should go to sleep so I won't type rubbish. My thoughts are all over the place now. I'm drifting off to dreamland as I type. Gotta excuse me... I'm...

*snore*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger