"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hmm. Apparently, God doesn't want me to give up.

Since my last post, I've gone to take a shower and make some preps for tomorrow's sharing session in cell. Tell me, how does one prepare for a sharing session when one is so agitated? So I had to make my peace. With myself and with God. I picked up my guitar and started playing the first song that came to mind:

You make me lie down in green pastures
You make me wanting for nothing
You fill my hunger with honey
From Your sweet, sweet Word

You let me worship before You
So I will love and adore You
You are my Shepherd
You are my Jesus
You are my Lord.


There we go. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Or in other versions, I have everything I need. I shall not be upset about not getting my increment. Because I was made to sit at my Father's feet and worship Him and dwell in His presence. I wasn't made to be a millionaire. If so, 99.9% of us would be miserable failures. And we were not created to be failures. I was suddenly humbled. And a little ashamed of myself. I do not lack anything. I really don't.

Then as I thanked God for speaking to me, I sang the next song that came to mind:

Make my heart tender and pure
Make me strong, help me endure
In this hour, let me stand
Hold me close, with You I can

So lead me on and I will go
Lead me on and I will follow
Lead me on to where so few have gone
And I will go, I will go
Lead me on


Doesn't it speak so perfectly of how we can endure by God's grace? See, that's what we mean when we say God speaks to us. It's not always in an audible voice but He encourages us through His Word, through songs and through people. I have truly been humbled. And I'm so blessed by what I've experienced tonight. It's God at His Daddy best :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

so lead me on.. i search this song, but i can't find it.. would u please send me this song? to nadia_kartika@hotmail.de

thank you..

10:31 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger