"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, July 23, 2005

I woke up past 10am today. The latest I've woken up this year. It's pretty amazing, considering my uni years saw me going to bed at 4am and waking up past noon. It's an awfully decadent lifestyle isn't it?

I've been meaning to catch up on my reading. There are, at present, 3 books waiting for me to pore through. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis is still bookmarked at chapter 5. And it's been bookmarked for the longest time. I really have to finish it before I lose his train and have to start from the beginning. Following that, I have Kazuo Ishiguro's An Artist of the Floating World, which I'm really looking forward to devouring because he's my favourite author. I mean, anyone who can write in a Brit voice while being Japanese gets two thumbs up from me. And finally, for my book review, I have to read Jack Hayford's "Taking Hold of Tomorrow". Pastor selected it for me when I said I wanted something easy. It certainly sounds very Oprah. I hope it reads that way too.

Will be heading down to church later for some missions thing. Ironically, it's never really been my thing. Although there was this very, very brief period of time in Secondary School when I toyed with the idea of working aboard the Doulos. As we all know, that idea sailed to the outer regions of Hahaiguessnot-land.

Righty-ho, I'm off to the books. On that note, I have to say I'm royally pleased that the National Library has finally opened its spanking new premises and is so wonderfully near my workplace. I forsee many lunch hours spent in the tropical cool comforts of Nerdlandia. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, dahling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger