"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I fainted today.

It was quite a hilarious incident (as are most things involving yours truly). I was at the WyWy office attending a product launch. This guy was demonstrating the functions of the copier/scanner/printer/fax and halfway through the demo, I realised he had only about a quarter of his middle finger on his left hand. Basically it was a stump. I knew it was game over for me when I started feeling queasy and seeing spots. I struggled to stand there and wriggled my toes to help blood circulation.

After that demo, he led us to another machine and as I walked, I knew I was in for some trouble. So I asked the Purchasing Manager who was with me if it was alright for me to go sit because I was feeling giddy. She said to go ahead. I made my way to the seminar room but just as I got through the door, everything went blank. I literally could not see anything and collapsed into a heap on the ground. Drama mama right?

But no worries, I lost consciousness for just a few seconds. Some knights in shining armour helped me up to a chair and offered me warm water and medicated oil. My Purchasing Manager was so shocked and she came over and started fanning me with a stack of paper. I was, at this point, both giddy and embarrassed. Everyone was asking if I was alright and I told them that I was and asked that they please continue with the demo for the rest of the group. Of course, I also apologised profusely to everyone but they were so sweet and kept making sure that I was ok. I think they were afraid I was going to die because I looked awfully pale.

Anyhow, I couldn't tell them the real reason I fainted so I just attributed it to low blood pressure. When I went back to the hotel and saw the doctor, he laughed at me and said I shouldn't tell others about this or they would laugh at me too. He said there's nothing wrong with me even though I told him this is not the first time something like this has happened. He just pinched my cheek and said I was merely traumatised and was just being silly.

Sheesh.

So that was my day. Oh, and I also had a nice dinner with Jasmine and her friends. It's good meeting new people from time to time and widening my social circle.

Right, I'm off to bed now. Before I faint again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger