"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, July 24, 2005

I miss my Daddy :(

This morning, Dad and Mom flew off to begin their Alaskan cruise holiday. They're flying to Taipei, transiting for 4 hours, before flying to Anchorage. Following that, they'll be on board a cruise vessel for 7 days, making occasional land stops, and then ending up in Vancouver, where they'll fly back to Singapore.

I miss my Daddy. He's the bestest Daddy in the whole wide world. He helps me iron my clothes, makes me breakfast EVERY morning, sends me to work and picks me up after. He is the most awesome Daddy ever. Lots of people say I'm pampered cos Daddy chauffers me around. But they don't understand that I really enjoy the time spent in the car with him. Even though we don't talk much, I have his presence there and sometimes on the way home, we have little conversations. I do love those moments in the car. It's nice to start the day with a car ride with Dad and end it in the same way. I don't think I'm pampered. I'm just very blessed.

My Dad is also the best cook in the world. Not because his food is always superb (most of the time it is) but because he lovingly cooks for his family every day. I always look forward to a nice home-cooked dinner at the end of the day. And often, my first question to him in the car on the way home would be, "what did you cook today?"

He's not just any old Dad to me. He's my Dad.

He's Pa. I love Pa :)

Dear Lord, please grant my parents journey mercies and safety everywhere they go. Bless them with good health, good spirits and a great time. Help them to remember to take their medicine and not to get lost. Watch over them, Lord, as you are watching over me. In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger