"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I had a horrible day at work. I cried. Again. I hate my job. I hate my job so much. As I was telling my friends from church this evening, I hate my job more than I hate tau gay. And by golly do I hate tau gay. For the non-dialect speaking (or reading, in this case), tau gay is Hokkien (I think) for beansprouts. I abhor beansprouts. They make my hair stand and my stomach churn. But at least standing hair and a churning stomach are far better than my awful job. Tell me, which job expects you to be properly groomed and digitally-enhanced but gives you a laundry allowance of 1 jacket a week? Do they want me to smell?? (ok, enough with the s'mel' and s'melly' jokes already.. they're a bit stale) Which company's HR department would LOSE your pay increment form??? And not apologise or do anything about it! Tell me?? Which company??? Which job would make you go back to work on the FIRST day of CHINESE NEW YEAR and not allow you to claim time off?? I'll tell you. It's the SAME job that will make you go back to work on NEW YEAR'S EVE and countdown to the next year but, you guessed it, not give you time off!

As you can probably tell, I've just about had it with them. If all this compounded isn't enough, I have to put up with the people. Oh man, I don't even want to go there. I will stop short of judging people because I know how imperfect I am myself. But I'm just so fed up with my job. I've been fed up with it since April 2004. And I've hung in there for more than a year. But losing my pay increment form??? That was the last straw for me. And if I hadn't brought it up to the director after getting my payslip (which didn't reflect any change), the efficient HR department would have kept quiet. Nobody would have known that I STILL haven't got the increment. I am SO upset. SO VERY UPSET.

AND I DON'T KNOW WHO TO DIRECT THIS ANGER AT!!!

To all who are reading this, I'm sorry. It's not directed at you. I'm not angry with you. I'm just so tired. And so drained. And so disillusioned. I just want to give up.

I just want to give up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

I just surfed on. I'm a ... fellow disgruntled worker? (though we're definitely not working for the same co since I'm the sole slave in mine - small co).

If it makes you feel any better, I've been "tahan"-ing since good 'ol Oct 2003!! & I'm guessing my plight is worse than yours based on the fact that my employer does not contribute CPF & pays me peanuts (the real kind, not that NKF kind) even though I have an Honours degree

& yup, don't get me started on the brainless, helpless people I work with ...

Don't have an LJ a/c. Don't know you personally, but the name's jc

9:38 pm

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey jc,

Thanks for stopping by. I guess it kinda helps to know I'm not in this alone :) I'm taking each day as it comes. This too, shall pass.

Take care!

9:39 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger