"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

I'm having a bland one so far. Hope yours is better. Always nice to see my tiny nephew though. He's not really tiny and he's really heavy but he's still cute :)

I've lost the enthusiasm for buying gifts for people. The only gifts I've bought this year are - 1. Mandatory (ie. for gift exchange thingies) 2. Reciprocal (as Lilian puts it - buying for someone because they bought something for you) 3. Sentimental (for the close friend. Which would be Lilian, cos it's her birthday AND Christmas ;))

So there you go, those are the lucky people that managed to squeeze an ounce of Christmas giving from me. Not that I'm a Scrooge or anything, I'm just too tired to - 1. think of what to get, 2. go out to get it, 3. jostle with the crowds in jam-packed malls. Just way too tired.

Quite a while ago, I stopped receiving gifts. It wasn't that I wanted presents desperately. It was just sad that I'd been forgotten. Or at least I felt that way. Yet all the while, I'd still been giving presents to family and friends. I suppose that's when it got tiring. Much as I'd love to be philanthropic and give and give and give, it's nice to receive once in a while. And much as I want to be a saint, it's tiring to give and give forever. I'm not good at that yet.

But for now, I'm going easy on the presents and on the wallet. I need a break.

Happy Holidays everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger