"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I went bowling today. It was a work thing, organised by the hotel. I've discovered that I'm terrible at it. We played three games each and my highest score was 99. My colleague says I'm very graceful when I bowl. Bah! Graceful counts for nothing when your ball hits just one pathetic pin. The amusing thing is that we get $2 for every strike and $1 for every spare. So after three games, I earned $8. Go figure the breakdown. Let's just say there weren't that many strikes.. haha..

Had an interesting conversation with myself (yes, myself) after a conversation with my colleague. He commented that I'm a typical girl-next-door (Lil, why do people keep labelling us that?) and asked why I'm still single. In case you're wondering, it wasn't a pick-up line. He's married. So anyhow, I said the first thing that came to my mind, "aiyah, nobody wants me lah.. haha..". And then I wondered why I said that. It's not that I think heaps of people want me (quite obviously that doesn't seem to be the case) but I could have said something like, "I'm not ready to get involved with someone". Instead, my knee-jerk reaction was so say that nobody wanted me. Is that how I really see myself? As someone who isn't good enough for someone else to love? That made me sad. How could I even think that? I felt like I was insulting God, since He's the One who made me. And that's not right is it?

I'm fearfully and wonderfully made. And the most Perfect Guy in the world already loves me to bits, so I'm certainly good enough for any other person. So next time, if someone asks me why I'm still single, I'll think up something cleverer to say ;) I haven't thought of it yet but it'll certainly not be "because nobody wants me".

I'm fearfully and wonderfully made. And very much wanted by Daddy God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger