"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Friday, October 21, 2005

Scatterbrained. I have been totally scatterbrained of late. It started yesterday. As usual, I was busying myself with work and as I walked past the boardroom, I noticed that the F&B people were inside with my Resident Manager. I looked at my watch. 3.30pm. Shucks, I'm late for the Christmas meeting! Again! So I hurriedly went to my desk, grabbed my minutes, organiser, notebook, stationery, knocked on the door, entered and apologised profusely for being late. 10 pairs of eyes stared at me and as I tried to get a seat, the Resident Manager said, "no, not yet". I thought they were so upset with me that they didn't want me to join the meeting. Then this terrible wave of realisation swept over me and I asked, in my best damsel-in-distress voice, "I'm at the wrong meeting, aren't I?" to which sympathetic voices replied, "we're not done with our F&B meeting yet".

Can you blame me? The Christmas meeting was supposed to be at 3.30pm and the F&B people are part of it as well. So when I walked past at 3.30pm and saw them all inside, I naturally assumed I was late. That was pretty embarrassing for me. When it was finally time for the Christmas meeting, I went in, sat down next to the Resident Manager and told him that at least it showed how enthusiastic I was about the meeting. And then we both laughed.

So that was pretty humiliating. But not half as bad as what I did today. Ok, some background information first. You know when you work at a hotel, they're pretty strict about dress code. Especially for Sales and Marketing people cos we always have to project a professional image of the hotel. And that means jacket suits and covered heels. But most of us don't like walking around in covered shoes, especially in heels, so we usually have another pair of shoes in the office. I personally leave my work shoes in the office and I always come to work in casual shoes like my weekend wedges. So today, I was working at my desk and playing with my shoes (kicking them around.. don't ask...) under the table. Then I realised I had to go down to the lobby to leave an envelope at the Concierge for someone to pick up. So I got my envelope and made my way out of the office to the lift. As I was walking, I felt a little funny... like one foot felt more airy than the other. Horror of horrors. I looked down and realised I was wearing one of each shoe!!! My left foot was in a covered shoe while my right was in an open-toed wedge!!! ARGH!!! Thank goodness I had only walked a short distance but that explained the curious looks on some of my colleagues faces.

I so need a holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger