"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

And so it goes. 2005 was eventful. I won't deny that I approach 2006 with a certain trepidation. The global situation just seems to get worse and worse with each year. This year, I'm wondering what other natural disasters will take place, which wars will break out, what epidemic will surface, how much worse Mum's condition will be.

But my job is not to worry about these things is it? I'm simply struggling to live out the rest of my life the best I can. I realise that I'm speaking like someone with a terminal disease. But in a sense, I do have a terminal disease, as do all of us. It's called life. It will eventually end someday. But when it does, I hope to have left something of worth behind. A legacy for those who will come after.

And so at the start of a new year, it is with sobering thought that I look upon the rest of the journey ahead. There will be much celebration, revelry and excitement. There will be sorrow and gladness, fear and boldness, strength and moments of weakness. But I will live and I will laugh and I will love.

And life will be at its most awesome. Because no matter what happens, there will be God and family and friends. And awfully chocolate ice cream ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger