"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, November 30, 2002

D-Day is slowly creeping up. Listening to Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach's "God Give Me Strength". It's a pretty depressing song and I don't recommend it if you're depressed. I'm not depressed so it's okay :) And in case you think it's a religious song, it's not.

It's interesting how I make decisions and then sway from one extreme to the other. Just a while ago, I thought I had made up my mind. After a while, I was more inclined to the other extreme. Now I think I'm going back to the original extreme. Which kinda lands me nowhere. I was frustrated for a while but now it's just amusing to me. I smile at how I can be so convinced about something that I would impusively take action. No action's been taken though.

So I'm facing the impending deadline. I know there are decisions to be made and it's high time some decisions were made. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I anxious? Yes. Am I playing it cool? Some people will tell you I am and some people will tell you I'm absolutely freaking out. Hahaha..

I remember the first time I seriously freaked out. That was when I was collecting my PSLE results. I literally froze. My fingers were completely immobile, stuck in a sort of stretched out position. I seriously thought I'd fail Maths. To the relief of my teacher and myself, I got a C!! Yes, I know a C at primary level sucks but that's how bad my Maths was/is. I was pretty impressed with the rest of my results though. I won't post them here but I just need to say that I got an A for Chinese. HA!

Another time I freaked out was when we had to take a blood test in primary school. I can handle injections and I can handle the ant-bite sensation but I can't handle blood being withdrawn from me. Even if it's a drop. So when the nurse did it, I semi-blacked out. And the last time I had a tube's worth of blood withdrawn from me (um.. 1998?), I felt so woozy I had to lie down in the clinic's waiting area before being well enough to walk out. I like my blood IN me, not OUT of me, thankyouverymuch.

So anyway, the most recent freak-out episode was when I went out with Terence. Frankly, I was quite glad it was Terence (ie. strong guy who can carry another human being) I was out with because seriously, I was quite ready to faint. Ask him and he'll tell you that I was really pale.. haha... ok, it's only funny on hindsight.

Not freaking out anymore. At least I hope not. I'm gonna keep smiling. HEE.. :) I once asked an old lady, in an Albany retirement home, how she stayed young both in appearance and at heart. And this is what she said:

Keep smiling, love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger