"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, December 25, 2004

I fainted today. In the middle of a pedicure. That's right.

All I have to say is, thank God I was sitting down. What a way to celebrate Christmas huh? Ok, but I do believe I have to justify my fainting. And I'll bet you incredulous ones are dying to know anyway.

So I was sitting down in the chair, letting the pro fiddle with my toenails, when I started looking around. This girl came and sat in the seat next to mine and my eyes naturally zoomed in on her toes. BIG mistake. You know how our toenails are supposed to be somewhat flat with a little surface curvature? Well her big toenail was hardly flat! It was so round, it looked like a ball of plastic on her toe! And her old purple nailpolish was chipped and dirty and there were ridges and grooves on her nails. And then, when the manicurist cleaned away her nailpolish, all was revealed. She had fungus. Her nails were black and green underneath. It was waaay too much for me. Taking a deep breath, I looked on the other side of me where a middle-aged lady was sitting. Her toenails were worn and yellow and very unappealing. Not as bad as the fungus lady on my right but bad enough for me to start feeling woozy. The last time I felt like this was when I had to go for a blood test to test for suspected lupus. So I knew the feeling. Oh yes, I was all too familiar with the giddiness, followed by the blurry vision and how the world suddenly becomes tiny black and white spots and your whole body goes into pins-and-needles mode. Next symptom, the head-swing. Almost as though on cue, my head swung to the right and I had to lean it against my shoulder to stop me from losing my balance and falling off the chair. Not a pleasant experience at all. Thankfully, the manicurist thought I was sleeping. Otherwise, she might have freaked out.

I tried really hard to retain consciousness and stay alert but my body tried just as hard to succumb to the fainting spell. I remember feeling really really awful and wanting to ask the manicurist if there was a bed where I could lie down. But then I was afraid if I lay down, I might not ever get up! So I decided against it. How drama can you get?!?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm ok now and there's your reason for my not being a doctor (or a manicurist for that matter). I get queasy too easily. And yes, I will faint at the sight of too much blood as well. God help me when I give birth.

Merry Christmas :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger