"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, May 02, 2005

I am back from my spa retreat in Batam. It was lovely, to say the least. Singaporeans could learn a lot from our neighbours' hospitality and service. So imagine large open spaces, villas, Balinese architecture (even though we're in Batam) and gentle, smiley therapists ushering you in singsong voices to your private open-air villa beyond the stone gates and canopied jacuzzi. And you will begin to have a picture of the award-winning Tea Tree Spa at the Holiday Inn, Batam. Totally not sleazy, completely serene, absolutely fabulous.

The coffee scrub that I picked was delectably aromatic. I imagine it must be every coffee lover's dream to have heavenly coffee grinds (Balinese, no less) rubbed all over their weary bodies. I'm no coffee-aficionado myself but the soothing strokes and fragrance of the coffee was enough to carry me off in pure bliss.

Ginger tea is a must-have for me after any spa therapy. It completes the whole ritual. Psychologically. I'm sure it has health benefits as well but for me, it's completely psychological. Indonesian ginger tea is way different from the ones we have in Singapore. That I've tried anyway. Apart from being full of residue (wasn't ecstatic about that), they are thicker, darker and richer. There was also this brilliant ginger candy which was utterly refreshing, chewy and oh-so-divine. I can't describe it well but the texture is akin to dessicated coconut. The best ginger munchable I've had. Ever.

At the end of it, I luxuriated in 3 different spa treatments at 2 separate spas, bought a bikini for an insanely low S$28.50 (!!) and indulged in steak and seafood (not very spa cuisine, I agree, but we were ravenous). I just have one last thing to add:

I am not a tai-tai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger