"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I am cherishing my last days of being 24. It's a little intimidating to be hitting the quarter-of-a-century mark. I think this is when birthdays start to scare you and you hope and pray that they're delayed somehow. They always seemed more fun when you were a kid. Back then, there was the huge cake, presents, parties, games, food etc. Now, if you're lucky, you get one or two sms greetings from the faithful ones and a red packet from the folks. The last time I had a proper celebration was the year in Perth when my cell group kidnapped Mei En and myself. I must have talked about this a hundred times :) But it was one of the most memorable birthdays I ever had :) Last year was horrible. The then-boyfriend got angry with me for something that was totally his fault (he lost his way while driving and got irritated) and threw a major temper tantrum. And refused to sit next to me at dinner. On my birthday. How ungentlemanly can you get?? It's the worst thing to have somebody make you cry on your birthday. It really is. I was very thankful though for the very very thoughtful phone calls from Kel and Derek to make sure I was ok. I guess you really know who your friends are in difficult times.

So ok, that was one long paragraph. I shall be spending my 25th birthday looking the pudgiest I've ever been. Never mind lah. I shall just keep the weighing scale out of sight. I'm not obsessing about my weight, in case that's what you guys are thinking. I just have selective attention. Alright, where's the ice cream? Hey, I went jogging today so I'm alright...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger