"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I was watching this Taiwanese drama serial earlier. It's called Mr Fighting and it stars members of 5566.

Whoa. Did I just type that???

Ok, so now that I've come clean, I just want to say that I happened to flick to the channel and thought it looked interesting (there was certainly eye candy) but my main gripe was - the subtitles were in CHINESE!!! I mean, what's up with that??? What kind of idiot producer gives Chinese subtitles to a Chinese show??? I thought the reason for having subtitles was so that people who didn't understand the language of the show could still follow by reading! So obviously, I had to keep asking my brother what was going on. And these Taiwanese, they speak super fast! Sigh. Why oh why does my Chinese suck so? I can just see all my beleaguered Chinese teachers with that I-told-you-so look on their faces. I knew skipping Chinese classes to go to the sports complex cafeteria was gonna come back and bite me in the ass one day.

I think I should give Asian drama serials another shot (especially the Korean ones with the super hunky actors!). I mean, sure, they're cheesy and there's always some terminally ill girl that two guys are fighting over, but in some way, it makes me go awww... the way the good guy protects the girl and waits for her and does ultra sweet things for her. I'm just a sucker for such things. I know it doesn't happen in real life and guys like that are few and far far far between... but sometimes, I really wonder if they could possibly exist? Are there really guys like that??? They're sweet but not to the extent of being wimps you know? They always seem to be able to maintain that manliness while being exceedingly gentlemanly. Must be tough to do that.

Oh well, the weekend's come and gone. Didn't get much rest though. Was stressing over the retreat publicity presentation. The night before, I dreamt that I got scolded for choosing music that totally did not go with the presentation. The sound guy was scolding me and Kelvin was scolding me as well. And in the same dream, I dreamt that I told my boss I had finished my work but she scolded me and asked how I could say that when there was still so much I hadn't done. And then I also dreamt that I went to a library to study (???) but there were too many people around and the only place I could find to sit down at was in front of this grubby looking man. It was a strange dream. And I am overworked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger