"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, November 07, 2005

And so I carried a 3-day-old baby in my arms. And it was the sweetest thing. And when she was in my arms, I finally understood why they call babies a bundle of joy. She was soooo tiny and soooo adorable and all wrapped up in a little blanket. And she would fidget ever so slightly as I held her, and then settle back to sleep. When she opened her eyes to gaze at us, she must have seen 3 bright-eyed adults staring back at her in awestruck wonder. Babies are so amazing. I fell in love with her instantly and almost couldn't bear to let her go.

I'm finding it hard to settle back into the groove of working regular days. Last week was just weird with all the breaks in between (not that I'm complaining). This week feels like it's gonna be super long and I'm looking forward to the weekend again!

Ok, so May's just asked me where's the best place to chill out by oneself. Oh dear, have I developed a reputation for being a loner?? Now people actually ask me for good spots to chill out alone? Don't worry May, I'm not slamming you. I'm just finding this quite amusing :) But anyway, since I'm rather fascinated by this, I shall give you guys the lowdown on Mel's top ten chill out spots BY ONESELF (and I'm assuming we're limiting this to our country). Muahahaha... ok, here we go:

(in random order)
1. Book Cafe - Mohd Sultan
2. Lobby Lounge - Conrad Centennial Hotel
3. Cafe Les Amis - Botanic Gardens
4. Borders Cafe - Wheelock Place
5. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf - Guthrie House
6. Palawan Beach - Sentosa
7. Earshot Cafe - The Arts House
8. McDonald's - West Coast Park
9. Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge - Takashimaya
10. Venezia - Singapore Art Museum

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen - Mel's Top Ten Places to Chill Out ALONE. Of course if you're talking about great coffee places to hang out at with friends, there's a separate list (which would also include some of the above). There's also a separate list for best places to booze (hehe).

If anyone has other suggestions for "great places to _____", please feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to check out new spots :)

Ok May, I hope I've answered your question :) Happy chilling!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger