"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, October 29, 2005

I've had the most stressful 12 hours of my life! If you know what happened, you know. But to summarise it very succinctly for everyone else, I turned down a job offer that I had initially wanted very much.

In the end, I settled for something less. But in the whole decision-making process, I learnt that money isn't everything. That relationships matter. That time for God matters. That you will never be short of opportunities if you have what it takes. And most importantly, that it is better to be in the centre of God's will than at the centre of ours. In a nutshell, I didn't dare go where God wasn't leading.

So that's what's been happening to me since last evening.

On a heartier note, I had lunch yesterday with Jaime Yeo and 2 lucky listeners from 98.7FM, who had won a free meal at our new restaurant. Jaime did a live report with the two girls and I think they had a good time and quite enjoyed the food too. After lunch, I had a chat with the girls, who told me they were from NTU. They were really friendly and sooo sweet!! Then they dropped the bombshell. They told me that when they were waiting for Jaime outside the restaurant, they saw me from the back and thought that I was her cos I was apparently "slim with long hair" (don't get too excited yet.. there's more to come) so they were trying to catch a glimpse of my face and according to them, when I turned round, they went, "chey..." LOL. I thought it was hilarious! Of course they hastily realised what they had said and tried to go "but you're still very pretty lah.. haha..." which made me laugh even more. Those girls were so funny!

Anyway, I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, having just decided 2 hours ago that I would stay in my present job. But I know that God will be with me and that He's got me covered.

And that's enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger