"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, October 27, 2005

We were expecting some guests from CLEO over for lunch today, so while my boss went to get a table at the restaurant, I proceeded to the lobby to await and receive our guests. While in the lobby, I heard a bit of a commotion upstairs and turned my head up to have a look. Turns out that the entire batch of Primary 6s from CHIJ (can't remember which one) was celebrating their graduation. In our ballroom. Whoa. I mean, when I was in Primary 6, we finished our last paper and then went home or went out to play. We didn't have no fancy schmancy graduation party at a hotel. It was quite a sight, having the hotel overtaken by noisy kids. Never seen it before. Was half amused, half overwhelmed.

So I received a call this afternoon from an ex-classmate. And when I say "ex", I mean 9 years-ex. So I haven't heard from her in 9 years and she calls me up. After the niceties, I asked her, "You're getting married?", to which a very surprised voice on the other end of the line replied, "Bingo! How did you guess??" I wanted to tell her that I've been receiving wedding invitations almost every other week so it really wasn't a surprise. But of course I said something else quite perfunctory. Anyway, shortly after the call, Lil calls me. Of course by then, I knew what it was going to be about. We were both rather stunned that we'd get invited to a wedding of someone we'd lost touch with for years. It's quite amazing indeed. I'm gonna go because I think it'd be great to see ex-classmates again (I think). And Lil had better go too because we're in on this together! LIL!

I am so looking forward to the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger