"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

In a totally random move, I took leave for Monday. The rest of Singapore will probably be overseas, which leaves me perfectly poised for a relaxing break. I'm relishing the thought of not having to step into the office from Saturday till Tuesday. How awesome.

You know what? I'm developing quite a good rapport with a number of people from different departments, including housekeeping, engineering, the kitchen and restaurants. Which makes it even harder to leave. It's a good feeling when you walk down corridors and are able to smile and say hi to every other person. Makes you feel like you're part of one big family.

Today, I saw the training manager leading a group of students around the back of the house (which is what we call the parts of the hotel that guests don't see - which is also where my office is) and I was thinking, they must have been pretty freaked out. For people who have never worked in hotels, they'd expect the back of the house to be just like the front of the house - marbled floors, chandeliers and spiral staircases. Or at least something close. Unfortunately, the back of the house often looks more like a wet market/warehouse/maze. It is far from glamourous, far from pleasant. But there's a certain solidarity that comes with working together in a property. It's unexplainable. I hate it but I can't see myself anywhere else. I'm attached to it. Which makes leaving hard.

And I'm such a softie. I've gone through such horrors here but the moment something heartwarming happens, or I get to know someone better, I melt. I'm such a wimp but that's just me. I can be such a bitch but most times, I'm very meltable. Haha.

For now, I'm just looking forward to my super long weekend. You'll probably find me in my couch at Starbucks, catching up on my reading. Or in the pool getting some much-needed exercise. And definitely getting a good massage at the spa. I think I deserve the break :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger