"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, October 31, 2005

So my afternoon was spent trying to spend money in town but I had a bit of trouble with that. Left with a bunch of necessities and that was it. I really don't think I'm a good shopper. Maybe I need classes.

Oh, but I had celeb encounters today. Went back to the office for about 15 mins to get some stuff signed and then popped down to the restaurant where my boss was entertaining some SPH and MediaCorp people. There was this celeb there that I didn't know (he was quite good-looking though... reminded me of Gallen Lo) that boss wanted me to meet. Charming dude :)

And then at Orchard, I nearly walked into Chen Liping! All I have to say is that she looks exactly like she does on TV. Oh, and remember the volleyball show that she acted in eons ago with Chen Xiuhuan? Apparently, Chen Liping was a school volleyball player in my dad's school! So she really did play volleyball!

After an uneventful day in town, I met Lil at HV for drinks, dinner and drinks. We had pre-dinner drinks at Wala Wala and then proceeded to Sistina for a lovely meal of pasta and pizza. The food was acceptably good and we didn't have any trouble finishing it at all. It was also a rather pleasant night to be dining al fresco and was nice for a change. Ended up at TCC for coffee and had really funny encounters with staff dressed in Halloween gear. We were both pretty tickled by this waiter who had his entire face painted an ang ku kueh red. Come to think of it, he looked like a giant ang ku kueh. And Lil, in her slightly inebriated state told Mr Ang that she was really amused by his getup! He then sweetly asked her how her day was. Pretty funny, that :)

All in all quite an ok Monday. Except I kept getting calls from the office. That was a little annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger