"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, November 05, 2005

My secondary schoolmate has given birth. We're gonna troop down to see her tomorrow. It wasn't that long ago we were cramming for the 'O's and now we're all having babies! Well not me but a number of former schoolmates... I think it's wonderful how we're kind of laying the bricks for the next generation to come along and give life their best shot. We're pioneering something here and it's really beautiful.

I'm already an aunt to my cousins' kids but someday, I'll be mum to mine. And it's exciting to think about those who will come after us, who will negotiate life with the same fervour and surpass the previous generation with such a potential for greatness. I know this world is broken and in such disarray. But I also know that there is a distinct purpose for each new life that breathes their soul into this world and proceeds to leave a spectacular legacy behind.

We're just sojourners here. But before we leave, the world needs to have been a part of that purpose we were called to sojourn here for. And our footprints will say much about what we've done, where we've been. And the mended hearts will show, the restored lives will reflect, the joyous cries will sound.

And the world will know that Christ has been in our midst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger