"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I have been so tired of late and so in need of some good ol' pampering that I decided to go for a massage. But as always, I call my regular spa too late (on the day itself) and they never have a slot for me. The number of times that the Strawberry Butter Meltdown has eluded me is unfathomable. So anyway, I decided to try my luck at a facial in their sister establishment - Mask at Wheelock Place.
With my body needing more soothing than my face, I opted for a Mask+Neck & Shoulder Massage for $58. But the therapist told me that for $60, I could get a Mask+Scalp+Face+Eye+Neck+Shoulder Massage, which was just great for me because I needed as many parts of my body massaged as possible.
So I plopped myself onto their "Zero Gravity Chair" which tilted me backwards into a 180degree position and there my pampering began. Don't expect a thorough cleansing because this is, after all, an express facial which is simply a cleanse/exfoliate/mask routine without all the painful extraction stuff. I would have loved to go for the full on-slough-off-all-my-dead-skin-cells facial but they didn't have the time for me. The 35 minutes of pampering went by just too fast. I loved the neck and shoulder massage with essential oils. When she placed a warm towel over my decolletage and shoulders, it was PURE HEAVEN. The facial was okay, nothing out-of-this-world but I guess it will have to do unti l I find the time to book myself for a more heavy duty one. But the massage... oh... loved the massage. I was even sad when it was over.
Would I go back? Probably. But a word of advice - they're pretty hard sell and will try to get you to buy a package but if you stand your ground (like I did), you'll get out pretty unscathed. Truth be told, I hate the hard sell tactics. It really spoils the whole spa experience. I'm there to relax and be taken care of, not stress over how to say no to an $800 package. Still, apart from that, I had a pretty nice time there.
So if you're in the area and want a fuss-free facial, go check it out. My overall experience - 6.5/10. Worth a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger