"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, October 01, 2007

So it's been that long huh. Couple of things have happened since my last post so I shall just do a quick recap. Well, the most significant thing would probably be that I got engaged. It feels strange saying that. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a teeny bit of me that perhaps would want to be single forever. But that's between you and me. Shh.

I was going through Friendster as I do sometimes, just to see how friends are getting on and I happened to go to my ex-cell member's profile. My heart was deeply saddened to see him brandishing a cigarette and obviously partying hard. And I started asking myself if I was a bad cell leader. Should I have tried harder? What could I have done back then when he was still attending church? Did I fail him? Did I fail God? I know that everyone is responsible for their own actions but I had the chance to make a difference in his life. And I didn't. And that hurt. It hurt not because I didn't succeed in floating a halo above his head. It hurt because I think he's hurting God badly.

I met him again recently and he sheepishly admitted he wasn't attending church anymore. I don't know if you, whoever is reading this, will ever understand the myriad of emotions that I'm feeling. The tears are welling up in my eyes but I can't seem to cry. If I'm feeling this way, I can't even begin to imagine what God is feeling. I don't dare try.

I've had my fair share of ups and downs and far be it from me to judge anyone for their behaviour. I just hope they'll meet God intimately again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger