"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, February 24, 2002

So the winter olympics have been on for some time now. Are any of you following the coverage? Winter sports have always left me fascinated. Simply because I come from sunny Singapore and winter for us is the office we work at where temperatures are sub zero. I'm thinking we over-compensate sometimes. Kinda funny actually, seeing yuppies in business suits and heavy jackets in our climate. We've got H.G and Roy, Australia's version of Joe and the Flying Dutchman. They are hilarious and currently have a program called "The Ice Dream" - a commentary on the day's events (after "The Dream" during the Sydney Olympics). I absolutely love the way they make fun of the figure skaters :)

Just came back from the Campus Zone Steamboat Night. It's interesting that a whole table of guests were expecting to go on an actual steamboat in the river. Needless to say, they were rather disappointed.

Cheryl, you've like completely disappeared from the web!! What's up girl? And no, signing my guestbook doesn't count :)

Ooh.. guess what? Mom made 8 calls to me while I was driving. And my flatmate tells me she called a number of times too. When I picked up the 9th time she called my mobile (note: this is past midnight), she asked, "You still driving your old jalopy?" I'm like, "What? You called just for that???" And it's not like she didn't talk to me earlier. She called me twice during the steamboat. So she keeps calling me even past midnight, just to ask me if I'm still driving the same car (I REFUSE to call it a jalopy) and she proceeds to ask me if I want to get a better one. Man! I've only got one more semester left in Perth! What is the point??? I'm half amused, half frustrated. *grr*...

Hope everyone's having a nicer day. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger