"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Here’s a tip: if the washing label says “do not tumble dry”, DO NOT tumble dry. And here’s another tip: do not overload your dryer. And while we’re at it, I’ll just throw in one more: if your clothes aren’t completely dry after the first tumble round, take them out and hang them out.

There you have it – Washing 101.

Remember that load of laundry I did on my day off? Er, did I mention it was a LOAD of laundry? :) Anyway, I was too lazy to separate the ‘do not tumble dry’s from the rest. I dumped the whole LOAD into the dryer. From experience with Student Village dryers, I learnt that you should not overload your dryer ‘cos your clothes won’t dry. And I also learnt that clothes shrink in the dryer.

So what happened was that my clothes were obviously not dry (since there were 3 pairs of jeans and 1 towel amongst the LOAD) and my well-meaning father put them in for another round. The result – I now have baby clothes that I can pass on to my offspring. Some of the casualties were my black cardigan (which I yanked and pulled to stretch) and the brown striped shirt I really like. It’s still wearable but really short and a bit tight.

Tsk tsk… I never learn…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger