"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, March 16, 2003

There are a number of good things about working in a hotel. Apart from employee discounts at local and international hotels under the same chain, free meals, free pastries, chocolates, cakes and quiches (all unsold from the deli shop) at the end of the day, staff discounts at our F&B outlets, free entry to certain places (depending on your concierge) like Harry's Bar etc... we also have really nice (and rich) regular guests who bring snacks and fruits from their local country for the front office staff. Today, there were Indonesian crackers and rambutans in the back office. Yum :)

I feel like doing more shopping. I think the fact that I'm earning my keep is egging me on to bless the floundering economy with my samaritan-like spending. As Australia's Big Kev would say, "I'm excited!". So now that we've decided I should shop, we'll have to separate the spending into 2 categories - For me and On me. "For" me, would be things that I've wanted to get for a long time but still haven't got. DJ, remember when you were in Singapore and we went shopping for my shoes? I still haven't got them. So I've been walking around in slippers most of the time. Tops. I need more tops. I don't seem to have enough tops to wear every day. I've accumulated a number of long-sleeved, thick tops from my days down under during those glorious winter days but I don't have enough summer clothes.

Ok, now on to the "On" me category. I am toying (rather seriously) with the idea of getting my hair into curls. Nice big fat curls. I know, I've been toying with this idea since Ally McMei gave me a note on a piece of paper with 2 girls, one of whom had curly hair. But I was in Perth then and I trusted my hairdresser to cut my hair, not perm it. I think I trust local hairstylists more. So I think, I might go for it with my next paycheck. And then we have the question of contact lenses. I still think my blue glasses are beyond a doubt, utterly groovy. But I'm not allowed to have blue glasses at work. Unless I work in a theatre company or go into a full-time arts profession, then I'll have the excuse for being absolutely gorgeous, funky and out-of-this-world!!! But until then, I'll have to look normal.

And I have to get a more comfortable pair of shoes for work. My feet are swelling and killing me.

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, my wish list. Actually, that's not really my wish list. My wish list would include things like jewellery from Tiffany's, Audi TTs, George Clooney... but seeing as I'll never get any of them, the appropriate term is wishlist.

Unfortunately, I have to come back to the real world now because I need to get ready for bed and wake up bright and early for church tomorrow. Then again, I could always dream about my wish list :) The 3rd item would be especially nice to dream about ;)

Nitey nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger