"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, March 08, 2003

*this post was written yesterday, or rather today after midnight but blogger wouldn't post it and so now I'm posting it*

Caught a movie with my colleague today after work. Those of you who haven't watched "The Emperor's Club" should go see it. Finally, a movie that's wholesome. If you liked "Dead Poets Society", you'll like this one. So after the movie, we had coffee at Starbucks before I had to leave for my dinner date with my cell triplets.

Dinner was an ok affair at Seah St. Deli. Food wasn't fantastic. I was glad for the opportunity to take time off our schedules to just lay back and chat. After dinner, we met up with another triplet group - the guys. Two of the guys in the other group were boyfriends of my triplet compatriots so we arranged to have drinks together. I didn't really want to meet up with the other group because I felt that it should just be the 3 of us spending quality time with one another and not "catching up with the boyfriends". But I guess I understand where they're coming from. I suppose I would have wanted to meet up with the guys too if I were in their shoes. Then again, I'm not sure. I think I'd want my boyfriend to spend quality time with his mates as well if there was a day specially set aside for that in place of cell group. I mean, I didn't mind meeting up with the other group. Just that I didn't think it was necessary. Oh well. I'm not upset or anything, it's just a point of view.

While waiting for the guys, we went to Mango to look around and I loved almost every pair of pants I saw. I really really like Mango pants :) And their bags are nice too. But the pants cost $98 : ( I'm so so tempted... hmm... should I dig into the ang pow fund? I still haven't touched the ang pows my parents gave me. Gosh, the pants are really really nice.... did I already say that? They're so groovy! And I really want to get the bag as well. But I seem to be talking like I earn $2000 a month. Then again, I haven't bought something for myself since new year. I think I deserve to right?

*If at this stage you are confused about my ramblings, let me explain it to you: you are witnessing the processing of information in my brain and the feeble attempt to psyche myself into justifying an action that would otherwise be unjustifiable. I hope that makes sense*

I also want to cut my hair. Short. And kinda wispy and sticking out at the ends. With a somewhat fringe. And again, I'm talking like I earn a lot of money. Did I also mention contact lenses? How ah? So many things, so little money. It's not so much that I don't have the money, it's more of the fact that I'm not willing to spend so much on myself. It's that little thing called a guilty conscience. Hmm... what to do, what to do...

By the way, tonight at Raffles Hotel, we walked past this Caucasian gentleman and I almost nodded a "Good evening, sir" to him. It was such a reflex action that I was taken aback. I think I'm working too hard. And too long. Seriously. Maybe I should go get those pants after all... (see how everything always links back to the pants?)

So while I go to bed and contemplate further the pants issue, I will end my post with my best wishes to the En Route team. I hope everything goes well for you and that you will all be ambassadors for Christ tomorrow. Today, actually. God bless you all :)

Nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger