"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, March 16, 2003

You know how sometimes, the most amazing ideas can come to you when you’re sleeping? Today, something wondrously strange happened to me. I was taking a nap when the phone rang and woke me up. So I tried to get back to sleep after that. You know that stage when you’re drifting in and out of consciousness? That’s where I was. In the midst of that, I was thinking about musical instruments and worship and suddenly, my spirit spoke. Ok, I know this sounds weird but I don’t know how else to explain it. I wasn’t consciously speaking, and I wasn’t talking to anyone in particular. A voice inside me just spoke, without me initiating anything. And this is what it said:

I want to make beautiful music, with my guitar, that rises up as sweet incense.

I think I kinda startled myself and I opened my eyes after that. I was like, whoa, where did that come from? And then I realised it. That was my core speaking. And I believe that the core of who you are, is the reason you were placed here on earth. We know we were all put here to praise and glorify God, to be His ambassadors. But your core is the special composite of instruments to be used by you. It’s what’s been implanted in you for you to praise Him and make His name known. In your core, are tools that you have been given to use for those very purposes. I like to call the core our spiritual DNA. Because no one on this planet has the exact same core, with the same composition, with the same percentage of make up.

Now I’ve realised that I am to make beautiful music to the Lord. Metaphorically, but I think perhaps more literally. I guess I’ve always known my purpose was somewhat driven in this direction but to be confronted with it, to realise that this is your, dare I say, “calling” (I tend not to use that word because I think it gets too jargon-ish sometimes), is somewhat phenomenal.

I realise that what I said about the core could be challenged by differing views and philosophies. It’s not something that I’ve thought about and deliberated on for a long time. It just came to me. You know the things a subconscious mind can do :) But I think the most important thing is that your heart and your motives are pure.

So anyway, I’m awake now. I couldn’t go back to sleep after that and I just had to type everything down before I forgot. *yawn* oh dear, all this excitement’s making me sleepy again. I’m glad my nap was interrupted, though, or I might not have got this epiphany. Hmm, I think I shall go look for some food now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger