"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Hmm, this didn't get posted yesterday. Anyway, this post is one day old.

How to tell if your biological clock has gone wonky:

1. You wake up before the sun does.
2. You take a nap at 6pm but wake up 2 1/2 hours later when you only meant to shut your eyes for a little while.
3. You are awakened by a phone call at 8.30pm
4. It's pitch black.
5. You jump out of bed because that was probably Dad calling to say he's waiting for you in the car.
6. You panic because you're going to be oh-so-late for work.
7. You realise it's 8.30pm and you've already been to work, you're home and you haven't had your dinner.

Went to look for a pair of shoes for work today. Found one at Charles and Keith but they only have it in brown. Was so disappointed that I headed to Mango to console myself. Emerged with a t-shirt and another striped shirt :) Me like Mango very much :) Methinks if I continue to console myself for every single thing, I'm going to be out of money to console myself anymore. But mmm... me like Mango very much :)

Had a near accident at work today. With a credit card. You know how hotel room keys nowadays are in the form of magnetic key cards right? We encode these cards by keying in the necessary details and inserting the card into this groovy machine that makes a mechanical sound as it sucks the card in and then spits it out. You're probably getting an idea of the mistake I almost made :) So anyway, I had the guest's credit card in one hand, his soon-to-be room key in the other. As I brought the card to the mouth of the suck-and-spit machine (I couldn't decide between calling it a 'sucker' or a 'spitter'), I realised that it was gold in colour. "That's not right", she thinks to herself. A silly grin appears on her face. Oops. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if I had put the wrong card in.

Chatted with another Australian guest today. He's from Sydney. We were talking about places to go to in Australia and he suggested going to Exmouth if I decided to make a trip to Perth. I want to go to the Blue Mountains though. It'd be really fun to go skiing there :)

And now I have to head off to bed. The next time I wake up, it'll still be pitch black but I'll really have to go to work. Bummer.

Oh well, have a nice day y'all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger