"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Got a call from the Business Centre today saying that a guest had locked himself out of the room and that I should go bring a key to him. So I did the usual thing, cut a new key card and proceeded up to the Business Centre. When I got up there, a really good-looking, tall, blonde man was standing outside waiting for me (if only he was really waiting for me and not for his key) and he called out, “Are you the angel that’s come to save me?” *drool* :) So I walked him to his room, made small talk and offered my assistance for anything else he would require (which girl wouldn’t??). When I got back to the front desk, I was all smiles and feeling flushed :) It’s been a while since I’ve had a mini-crush on a total stranger :) I think it’s really funny. Brings me all the way back to secondary school :)

Guess who dropped by the hotel today? Those of you in Murdoch, you might know John Hyde. He works in the prospective students centre. Anyway, he’s here to check out rooms for the vice chancellor. Hehe, inside news – the VC’s coming to Singapore :) So as usual, I talked to him and told him I was from Murdoch and he remembers me because my group did a marketing presentation for the University Senate once and he was there. We talked about the job market here and he said he has some contacts that he’d get in touch with to see if they need marketing people. And he also asked for my details to add me to the Murdoch alumni. Heehee. Little pockets of Perth drop in on my life even though it’s been a while since I’ve left. Just yesterday I checked in a couple from Darlington. They own a winery there. How cool is that? This is the part of my job that I really love. I get to meet so, so many people from everywhere! And especially Perth :) Of course this also means I’m at a higher risk of being exposed to viruses and diseases from around the world, especially now as people are paranoid about SARS.

Yet another phone conversation today:

Engineer: Who am I speaking to ah?
Me: This is Melissa.
Engineer: Heehee, Malaysia ah? Heehee…
Me: *grr* yes yes…


I want to smack them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger