"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, December 10, 2007

So hello one and all! I'm back again from yet another hiatus. Some things still haven't changed.

1. I'm still in the same job.
2. I still dislike my job.
3. I still have the same boss.
4. I still dislike my boss.

So you see, it's heartwarming to know some things stay the same. But who said we had to like everything on our plate?

But you know, I now believe that I'm where I am for a reason. I'm there for a single person. She's become rather dear to me and I know now that I'm placed in a position to make a difference in her life through mine. I would love to leave for a more lucrative position in a bigger company but I've come to understand better that in the light of eternity, people are more important to God than my career.

I would love to move to the Shangri-Las and the Ritz-Carltons and the Marriotts but I can't even begin to do that not because I'm inadequate but because, at this moment, I can't do so without a guilty conscience, knowing that I'm not living out the plans God has for me. And you know what? It's strangely reassuring and comforting to finally understand why God has allowed me to experience everything I have in my career so far, so that it has led me to this exact point, to meet this particular person. Of course I look at my peers and how much they've achieved in their jobs and I feel like such a disappointment. But when I see the opportunity to impact someone else's life in a meaningful way, all the disappointments just melt into the night.

And that's really what we're all here for, isn't it? We're working where we are so that we'll be able to impact the lives of those who work with us. And that's how the world is changed; that's how the world is won. One person at a time.

So maybe she won't give her life to God through me. And that's not my job either. My job is to simply make a difference in the name of Love. Because that's what you do when you've been loved first.

I still dislike my job.
I still dislike my boss.

But there is a bigger plan that requires me to have a bigger heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Mel~
I was so excited to see your blog. This is Amy (American friend you met at Murdoch Uni. I was part of your cell group for awhile.) I have since gotten married and Ty and I are expecting our first child in June. Congrats on you upcoming marriage. It was good for me to read this blog message and see that you are still the reflecting God and being a warrior for Him wherever you go! I still think about you often. The thing that stands out most to me in my memories of you is that you are such a light for God. You just make people smile. I love you and hope we can see each other again someday. If you ever want to write me address is amy@alumni.wfu.edu
God Bless!
Amy

4:12 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger