"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Media Fever

So I've been unwittingly bitten by the media bug. Today's edition of The New Paper holds a quote from this blog. In all honesty, I was shocked that a search on the web for a certain topic would lead to my blog (amongst other sites of course) and the availability of this blog started to really hit me. I mean, someone in Zambia (with internet access of course) could be reading everything I'm writing. So could someone in Peru. Or Azerbaijan. Or New Zealand. The whole privacy issue came into play. But of course, when I chose to allow this blog to be public, I forfeited every right of privacy. But anyhow, to maintain whatever privacy I could still get my hands on, I chose to remain anonymous. I'm telling you guys because you've already read my thoughts on the SAR-vivor rap so reading it in The New Paper wouldn't make a difference. Thanks anyway to the journalists (and the sister of my friend ;))who asked for permission ;)

So what's next on the media agenda? Tomorrow, I'm supposed to attend a Courage Fund presentation thing - an event that will be televised. I've been told to be in full uniform (which effectively blows my cover). So much for not wanting more people to know what my job is. I have absolutely no idea what this presentation is about except that the hotel is officially donating the money that we've collected for the Courage Fund. Anyway, let's hope this is something that half of Singapore is attending and we'll all just be a speck on the screen :) In any case, I think it'll be fun and I won't have to be at work for a few hours! Hehe..

I'm getting increasingly excited about my internship. And I'm also learning that a lot of people don't have a clue about Women's Weekly. If you're in Singapore, this month's cover girl is Kelly Hu a.k.a Lady Deathstrike. Man, I've really got to go watch "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days". I bet it'll be inspiring. And for those of you who haven't watched it, it's not because I want to learn how to lose a guy quick. I believe I'm qualified enough to write that article ;) It's because Kate Hudson's a magazine writer on assignment. How cool if I get an assignment like that!!

Heehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger