"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, June 22, 2003

Pepper

I've never been close to an animal. I mean, we've kept fish before but they always ended up dead for some reason. We'd usually find them floating upside down in the fish tank. Never was a good pet-owner I suppose. Today I found out that a dear little puppy got knocked down by a car. My first reaction was one of shock.

Pepper and I met when I went over to Perth last month. I'd heard about him and was eager to meet the little dog. He struck me as a really energetic, excitable, friendly puppy who never failed to make people laugh with his antics. Crystal and I took him out for walks and we laughed at his crab-like style of walking. It was really cute. You should have seen it.

Pepper made friends very easily, be it humans, cushions or other dogs. We had to tug really hard at his leash so he wouldn't do anything embarrassing to another dog. He was so hyperactive he used to jump on people all the time. I had a few scratches here and there as a result of his hyperactivity and every time I returned from his place, I smelled of dog and had dog hair on my clothes. It was nice :) Not in a strange way but in a sweet way.

I remember taking him out to the field where the guys were playing soccer. Pepper made a few friends with other dogs there. He tried running after the soccer ball too. Oh, and he had a strange habit of sniffing/tasting other dogs' poo. On the way back after soccer, I carried Pepper in the car. I'd never carried a dog in a car before :) It felt really nice. I felt close to him somehow.

Pepper's gone now. I'm glad I got to meet you when you were around, Pepper. You gave me moments of happiness and made me smile. Thank you for the times you listened when no one else was around to. Thank you for letting me talk about my problems and for sitting there patiently. You probably had no idea what I was talking about but thank you for being there anyway.

I will miss you, Pepper.
Love you lots,
Mel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger