"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, June 21, 2003

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future. Prov. 31:25"

Listening to Avalon's Adonai. Making me very reflective and quiet. Feeling somewhat mellow. You know, like I've been wild and bursting with energy but am now subdued, tamed, calm and feeling all of 23 :) which is not that old :)

Got stuck with another midnight shift which will begin Friday. Just when I thought that was the end of midnight shifts for me. At least now I know what I want in a job. Or rather what I don't want. Unless the Lord calls me to a job with shifts, I will never again take one up. No hard feelings though. It just doesn't work for me :)

Standing at the brink of a new beginning is an amazing thing. So many times, we worry that we're not making it, that we're drowning or that we're not getting there fast enough. But it's the wrong kind of adrenaline. There IS more to life.

I'm excited about the future. Reminds me of Proverbs 31:25, one of my favourite verses of the whole Proverbs 31 passage - "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future". How perfectly wonderful. You know, I don't want to worry about the future, about what to eat or drink. Perhaps it comes across as irresponsible. But I want to leave my future in the hands of the One who created it and who loves me amazingly. Incomprehensibly. Perfectly.

I know I don't say this quite enough, but I love You Lord. Dan, you asked me why I go to church every Sunday and why it's important to me. I guess that's why. I'm not the perfect example of a Christian. I'm so flawed. But He loves me anyway. I guess you could say He's my lifeline :)

I love You Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger